Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy / Women's Health
What to Expect as a Valued Patient
We will perform special testing to validate the possible source of pain/symptoms, review findings, and establish a plan of care to specifically meet your goals.
Internal pelvic floor assessment may be performed as deemed appropriate and only with patient consent. This allows for a more thorough assessment in diagnosing symptoms and providing feedback.
Common Diagnoses Treated
- Pain associated with pregnancy: hip, back, neck, sacroiliac instability, carpal tunnel, etc.
- Myofascial pain/ chronic pelvic pain/ scar adhesion
- Incontinence: Stress, Urge, Mixed
- Diastasis Recti
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom
- Full body orthopedic/postural assessment
- Strength/range of motion assessment
- Education on dietary impacts
- Education on diaphragmatic breathing
- Internal pelvic floor treatment techniques
- Assessment of pelvic floor strength
- Biofeedback training
- Ultrasound: promote blood flow and pain relief
- Pelvic floor electrical stimulation
- Thera wand for self-trigger point release
- Bracing to facilitate stability, i.e. sacroiliac belts, wrist supports, prolapse belts, etc.
- Dry Needling
- Manual techniques to facilitate biomechanical alignment
- Therapeutic exercise/ home program to promote strength and balance of systems
- IASTM (Instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization